Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Kidney patient under dialysis, often feel short of breath with cramps, anxiety. Can I take Dixed 50 mg ?

I am kidney patient under dialysis and often feel short of breath sometimes associated with cramps and anxiety etc heaviness in the head as if it is jam, this leads to sleeplessness depression and doctor said it is meantal problem caused by anxiety . I started sleeping pills like anxit .25 later Jlapress 10mg once a day but did not improve except the period its effect remains. Someone a doctor friend suggested dixed 50mg (sertaraline) subject to my physician s nod to it. thats all so far thanks you pkguptya emmail / YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Using sertraline in CKD is safe and you can use it without any side effects.
Although you should avoid these medication for better life and better compliance.
You should also consult with psychiatrist .
Get well soon.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor