Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Kidney infection, stabbing chest pain. CT scan, urine test shows infection getting better. Treatment?

I am a 25 year old female, just diagnosed with a kidney infection on Monday. I am still in a lot of pain, and as of today I keep getting a stabbing pain in my chest. Do I need to go back to the hospital? I was just there yesterday from the pain, and they did a CT scan , urine sample, and some blood work and said that my infection is getting better. If my infection is getting better, why do I have chest pain and why does my kidney still hurt so much? Do I need to go to the ER?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
You seem to be suffering from acute pyelonephritis(infection of kidney) which is common in young sexually active females. It needs atleast 3 weeks of antibiotics for complete recovery. I hope by doing CT scan they have ruled out kidney stones. During recovery also you will feel some pain. But consult your doctor if you are having persistent fever. Urologist is the best person to treat you.
Answered: Sat, 28 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor