Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Kicked on ankle, bruising, numbness, painful mass on pressing. Treatment?

I was kicked on the upper part of the inside of my ankle. There was bruising around it but, not where the direct impact was. The bruising is gone now but, it feels numb to the touch where I was hit directly. If I push it I can feel a mass and its very painful. I d like to know what it is and how to treat it. It happened 3 weeks ago.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  286
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It seems like you had an ankle sprain from the injury. It is been 3 weeks now. I hope you applied ice packs to the affected area initially.

You could use an ankle brace or crepe bandage for a while until the symptoms subside. It is better to get an x-ray of the affected ankle done as well, to rule out any hairline crack.

Simple analgesics like Tylenol should help you with the pain.

Get well soon.

Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor