Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Keloids on chest, shoulders, arms. Treatment with steroid injections, cold laser, fractional laser prescribed. Permanent cure for this?

Hi, I am from XXXXX. I have 4-5 keloids on my chest, shoulder & arms. I am searching for good clinics in XXXXXX. The doctor from one clinic told me to do the treatment first with Steroid injection to flatten the keloid and then to do the cold laser followed by rejuvenation of the area so that it won t come back. The doctor from other clinic (XXXX) told me to do the treatment with injection followed by fractional laser. I am confused where should I go. I don t want to waste my time & money by visiting so many clinics & experience the doctor by their experiment on me. I want to get cure. So, let me know the best treatment for this and what to do the next. Either should I sit at home with my keloids used to see it daily or visit to any doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. Keloids are difficult to treat things because it is the
reaction of your own body to the external stimuli say treatment. So i advise you
to consult a cosmetic dermatologist or laser treatment specialist for treatment
but dont have extradenary faith on treatment. Use more of vit.C during treatment.
I hope i have replied upto your satisfaction. thank you.
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor