Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Johnson soap causes rashes, Dermadew Baby Soap was better. Any alternatives ?

I have a Kid....and I am using Dermadew Baby Soap upon Doctor s Suggestion.... Now the problem is that due to inavailability of this product in the market....I am unable to get it; So now would like to know the alternative soluttion for the same..... Tried with Jhonson Baby soap; but are being seeing as some rashes on the skin so had to change the soap.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1637
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Your child might be having sensitive skin and Johnson baby soap might be proving a bit harsh on skin for the baby. If you are not gettting Dermadew soap, try finding cetaphil bar or hydrate bar or you can try any soap free cleanser. Both of them are quite mild and might suit to your needs. Always do a patch test with the soap rather than using completely on your child's skin i.e. wash a small area with soap and see if it suits to your child's skin. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Kaushik K Murthy's  Response
hi , your baby might be having contact dermatitis, if the current soap u r suing is not suiting, then u can try cetaphil, tedibar , oilatum kids bar, or even u can try with dove soap. thank you.
Answered: Tue, 20 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor