Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Jaw Fracture,what can I do ?

hi Dr. i had a mandibular fracture on my right jaw one year ago, and a titanium plate has been inserted ,but the swelling has not gone yet. what can i do
Asked On : Thu, 8 Jul 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  659
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
Hi.. As i understand and can say that your swelling is not painful, but u r not satisfied with aesthetically. there could be reasons : the titanium plate itself reflecting the swelling or there was not done surgery up to the level and bone growth is excessive on the site..
so u need to undergo reconstructive surgery for aesthetic.
Answered: Fri, 9 Jul 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response
Thank you Doctor. yes you are right i dont have any pain, but the only problem is swelling. which doctor should i visit to get it corrected, i live in bangalore.

Thank you
Answered: Sat, 10 Jul 2010
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
A surgery was done on your lower jaw using titanium plates and screws. As a part of healing bone formation occurs at the particular site which causes a slight difference compared to the other side. Usually the titanium plates are left in the jaw without removing. If you are so concerned about your aesthetics you can undergo a surgery for removal of the titanium plates.
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Sourav's  Response
in bangalore u should go to dharwad dental college and go to omfs dept. there....ur problem l b solved there.......
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Abhijit's  Response
i think you have not yet treated the condition till now and still doing your window shopping. if not yet treated post me your recent orthopantamograph( opg xray) at the earliest and i can guide you what is going wrong in the area,, also when you press in this area do you feel the presence of a fluid like consistancy, and is there any discomfort in your chewing or occlusion of teeth.. these answers can make me understand your present state and with the xray and recent photograph i can guide you the treatment plan......
Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor