Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Jaundice, yellow eyes, urine, high fever, on liv52, is active, has glucose juice, doesn't take food. Solution?

hi my 5 and half year old kid is suffering with jaundice , his eyes yellow and urine color is also yellow, we are giving liv 52 and sweet juice, food without oil. he is not taking food but juice glucose , earlier dignosed with enlarge liver but that time jaundice not visible, he suffers fever upto 102 at night , what we should do as we alredy confused about his condition, he is active but not taking food himself
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear Sir,
I am really sorry to see that your child is suffering from jaundice.
loss of appetite i.e not taking food & vomiting always go along with jaundice. regarding diet what you are giving now is right. you can add yoghurt, lassi, tender coconut water also.
since child is having fever up to 102 F, jaundice could be due to infective causes like malaria, typhoid, lepto, hepatitis A. thus he needs definite evaluation by a pediatrician and antibiotics if needed.
just keep in mind red flag signs like bleeding, drowsiness,seizures and multiple episodes of vomiting report immediately to emergency.
although appetite may take some time to recover keep giving him small quantities of above said diet, child will get well soon.
Take care.
Dr. C. Balaji
Answered: Sat, 2 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Jaundice is often associated with a loss of appetite. You need to restrict his protein based diet. A detailed blood test to detect the type of hepatitis he is suffering from is also needed in case the jaundice is not improving.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 2 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor