Owl Image

Ive been having aching discomfort in the middle and left of my chest, please help

I ve been having aching discomfort in the middle and left of my chest, occaisonal shortness of breath , more discomfort in the left shoulder , lower back and up to my neck on the left side. Most symptoms going on for a year +. Have had an ECG , chest x-ray , peak-flow test, blood tests etc and everything is ok. Reckon if I was having a heart attack or something serious, would have had it by now. Doctor says I could investigate further with echo-cardiogram but he s not keen based on current symptoms. It s literally a pain in the neck/chest/arm/back. Should I be worried? Am male, 34, non-smoker, cholesterol of 5.2, but not big on exercise.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009