Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Itchy welt developed all over body, have swollen hands and feet. What is the disease?

hi ,please can you help me as i do not know what to do i have seen a doctor but think i was miss diagnosed , with scabbeys i can fell things crawling on me and have got very ichey welts that are round , and my hand and feet are swollen ,Wat can this bee as i have this four about 5 weak . this is all over my body and the scaddeys meds has very little affect
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

The chief complaint that are you are suffering from is itching on your hands and feet since four weeks.
You are being treated with anti-scabies medication with little effect.
Scabies is a clinical diagnosis which can be confirmed by examination of the skin scrapings from the lesions which are more often between the fingers and toes.
Is anyone else suffering from same problem in the family?
If yes then it is most propably scabies.
For complete treatment of scabies, whole family has to be treated.
The beddings and clothings also need to be treated with medication.
In case these measures are not taken then it leads to incomplete treatment.

Please consult your treating doctor for confirmation of the lesion to be scabies or to look for some other skin lesion causing such intense itching.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P wahal
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor