Itchy, small red bites in arms and face. Become paler and big hard lump. How can it be cured?

I have just come back from a holiday in portugal and am coming up in what appear to be bites mainly on my arms but now a couple are appearing on my face. Very itchy . Small and red to begin with, but now have become much paler and a harder lump on the skin and quite big. Have a caught something or brought insects back?!? help!
Wed, 24 Jul 2013
Welcome to healthcare magic
It appears like you are having insect bite allergy ( Papular urticaria). As the area of involvement is exposed arms and face it could be a flying insect like mosquito. You need to apply a topical steroid over the rash. You may also take antihistamines for itching. It is unlikely that you have brought the bug home.
Hope this helped