Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Itchy skin with pricking sensation. Blood work, CT normal. Klonopin helps. Any suggestions ?

Hi, I am a 51 yr. old woman who 3 weeks ago developed a weird skin sensation. Mostly feels itchy and like a pin is pricking my skin all over. Had blood work done and a ct scan on lower abdomen to rule out kidney or liver disease . All test normal. Tried benedryl and it did not help. Don t know what to do. The only thing that helps is Klonopin . Any suggestions would be helpful.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  175
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that you may be having delusion of parasitosis.

There may be crawling and pin pricking sensation all over body.

You may be having odd sensations any where on body.

Actually, there is no skin disease. But ,you may feel that there is something on the skin and causes sensation of crawling and pricking.

This is obssessive compulsive disorder.

It is psychological skin condition.

Pimozide may be very helpful in this condition.

Fluoxetin and alprazolam may be taken.

However, you consult dermatologist.

Psychiatrist may be consulted,if needed.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Tue, 1 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor