Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Itchy skin rash in 11 years old child

My nephew is 11 years old. Every now and them he gets these marks on his body, especially on his stomach and back and sometimes his face . If someone hits him gently these marks also appear. These marks can best be described as if someone has hit him with a whip . He complains that it itches. He is a indian child; a bit dark skinned. Our GP did put him on a medication called Levosetride5 which did not but the problem has resurfaced. Please can you please provide a diagnosis and possible treatment.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  412
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello ..‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’.
the symptoms he is experiencing can be due to can be caused by various factors as changes in temperature like extreme hot or cold.. pressure.. seasonal changes.. or allergic to certain food substances..
try to evaluated the cause it help in proper treatment..
homeopathic medicines will be of great benefit in the healing..
wishing him good health..
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
This condition is called URTICARIA OR symptomatic dermographism...Which means that either he is allergic to something or it a immunological problem.Also any kind of infection in the body can provoke this kind of watch out for any infection in body,like tooth decay or worms in the stomach or any fungal infection in body.You can start with deworming him first and then look for any such infection.Rarely it can be due to a thyroid problem also.If it is due to any allergy ,like to any food ,then that needs to be found out.There are allergic testing done in certain labs where you can get this done.I would suggest you to meet a good dermatologist for complete work up.
take care,
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor