Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Itchy skin rash. What could be the reason?

In going through my somewhat high grass this evening to fill a birdfeeder, to and fro, something must have bitten me, as there is a large area of rash--about the size of a baseball and a half. I see a tiny dark spot, where I was bitten--could it be from a bee, a snake, what? It is unusual-looking, and it itches. There is no pain. Thank-you. Victoria Moore
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

It seems you are having insect bite reaction.

Dark spot inside the rash supports the diagnosis.

You need to apply a steroid antibiotic combination like fucibet over affected area two to three times daily.

Apply ice packs which will reduce swelling.

If lesion will not resolve then a short course of steroid and antihistaminic tablets will work.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Answered: Sat, 21 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor