Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Itchy scalp, aggravated it, small scab formed, tender to touch, discharge on popping. MRSA symptoms?

I had an itchy scalp and I think I aggravated it and I noticed a small scab. After a few days, it raised and felt like a small ball. It was tender to touch and became hard. Today, I scratched my scalp and it burst and is oozing. It feels like a crater, but also feels like the area is filling back up with something. I m petrified it s MRSA or something? Is this common? I m scared I ve exposed my kids to something.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi dear, mrsa is not a clinical diagnosis. it is a lab diagnosis so now itself u cant say. u had an abscess which burst open so u must take treatment. i would suggest u to meet a dermatologist. and dont worry about MRSA even that can be cured by appropriate antibiotics. thank u
Answered: Sun, 20 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor