Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Itchy reddish rashes on the arms. What are these? History of mononucleosis viral infection

my wife has red circular red spots like quarter coin size on back of her arms and they itching she scratched on them they worst. we visit the doctor and he told us that are normal thing he prescribed two tablets and one cream we do not know what are those spots and why they are.four weeks before appearing of red spots she had mononucleosis virus she stayed in hospital for 6 days
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in HCM.
The condition can be contact dermatitis,tinea corporis, acneform eruption etc.
The proper diagnosis and treatment can be suggested only after examination.
A visit to dermatologist will help in establishing diagnosis.
Till the time you can take tab cetirizine twice daily for symptomatic relief.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor