Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Itchy reddish bumps on the body spreading among the family members. What are they?

I am very healthy but my son came home with a type of rash that was itchy then my husband got it and now I have it. The ref bumps are almost like a rash extremly itchy some bumps are white or clear almost like goose bumps and most of them are red more like shicken pox or poison ivy. This has been goinf on now for a couple months. No lotions have worked. No insurance so we havent gone to doctor yet.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
As you give history of the rash transmitting from one person to the other and from the description of lesions it could be scabies. 5% PERMETHRIN cream one time overnight application over the entire body from below neck will help and all members of the family should take treatment simultaneously.
Hope this helped.
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Obviously it is a contagious infection
Children pick up often - from school / from contacts.
A common cause is Scabies.
The child should be seen by a dermatologist for proper diagnosis - the entire family needs to be treated at the same time - to prevent re-infection.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor