Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Itchy rash on scrotum spreading to penis, swelling over penis. Treatment options?

I had an itchy rash that started on my scrotum and over the past couple of days has moved to my penis . My penis has become pretty swollen and extremely itchy. I have been treating with non-hydrocortizone creams for about a week or so. I am extremely concerned regarding my penis. Any ideas as to what this could be or treatment options. I have been married to the same person for some years now and have not had intercourse in a few months. I am also Caucasian and 34 years old. Please help!!
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

This is urgent.

This may be what is called spreading cellulitis/ gangrene of the scrotum.
It can spread to the penis.
Needs urgent care and so kindly proceed to the accident and emergency.

Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor