Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Itchy rash on chest, inner arms, spreading. Any ideas?

I started having itchy rash 3 wks ago on chest,back & inner arms. Went to min clinic & wasnt sure but didnt thnk poison. Gave rx for itching & antihistine. Itching now spread to include legs, feet & sonetimes palms. No rash on palms but itch. Bad itching. I m beginning to wonder if my nerves or some internal medical problem?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, it may be irritant or allergic contact dermatitis.take a short and tappering course of steroids. Take antihitaminics till itch is relieved. Apply steroid cream or tacrolimus oint 0.03 percent t wice a day. Avoid soap and dust,fume and grass particals.avoid soap bath, you can take dettol bath.... You may be improvd
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

If it is wide spread, there is likely to be a systemic cause.
You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities
The lesions must be examined by a dermatologist - nature, extent and distribution - give clue
If antihistamines are not effective, systemic steroids may be necessary...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor