Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Itchy rash all over the torso in child

my 3 year old developed an itchy rash all over his torso that looked like little pin pricks, was otherwise entirely well. I gave him a couple of days off kindy incase was viral. Is now over a week later and now has what looks like tiny blood blisters all over his trunk. He otherwise remains well. He suffers from eczema and is generally an atopic sort of kid with penicillin allergy , ? food allergies , asthma and hayfever. Could this just be related to his usual atopy or something I should be investigating further?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1081
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
I think it is more likely is scabies as this is common site for scabies.
Due to itching infection resulted.
Give some anti histamines and if infection give anti biotic syrup.
Consult dermatologist and seek his advice.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 5 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Heather Mckendrick,
As you know it is not scabies,this may be in connection with the disease she has.
Just to rule out any blood dyscrazia you go for clotting time,bleeding time,platelet count.
Errythema may be due to some allergy,internal or external origin.
I think this will satisfy your query.
Answered: Sun, 5 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor