Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Itchy, pus filled bump in pubic area. Spreading to inner thighs. Cause?

My daughter is 11, she had one itchy bump that resembled a large pimple in her pubic area. She has been able to squeeze puss out several times, it gets painful and then itchy again. She has had that about a week and now has 3 more that have appeared on her inner thighs. Also, she now has swollen and very painful lumps in her groin area. I am planning a visit to her doctor, calling tomorrow, but to calm my nerves, can you tell me what the cause of this could be? I have had breast cancer and these swollen nodes, has me worried.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  186
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that she might be having some ingrown hair follicle infection or fungal infection.
Clean the part properly and apply triple acting cream.
Give her a course of antibiotic medicine to cure infection.
Keep local hygiene clean, dry and airy.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor