Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Itchy, painful rash on penis with swelling, STD ruled out. Could this be allergy due to new shorts?

Hello, I am a 28 yr old male. About a week ago I developed an itchy painful rash on only my penis . I iced it to reduce the itching but it kept on. I also made sure to keep it clean and dry. Now the rash is gone but it is very swollen and painful. I know it is not an std as I am a virgin . Could it be an allergic reaction to my new running shorts with built in underwear? I have not had any changes in diet , lotions or detergents. Thank you so much for your help
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Yes it could be an allergy and you may have to take some anti histaminic drug like cetrizine to help it cure. Try keeping it clean and dry. Take some mild pain killers like paracetamol until it heals.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, or want to further details about your query, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Tue, 31 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor