Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Itchy ear, painful, cannot hear, feeling bubble move. Help

My ear was itchy one night and I used my nail to scratch it. After I did that, my ear got infected. The pain increases with motion or talking. I havent been able to eat without it hurting. It has affected my jaw. I cant hear in my left ear and it feels like there is a bubble in it. When I tilt my head, its like I can feel the bubble move. Please help. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that you are having Acute Otitis externa i.e infection in external ear.
Go for one antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines course after consulting your doctor.
Put antibiotic ear drops.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
severe otitis externa as there is infection i ear the swelling in canal as the eustachian tubes connect ear with pharynx the eating of food causes pain due to movements and jaw is also hurting due to all sharing of nerves
the blockge of tube cause feeling of bubble in ear
need to use antibiotics
anti allergics and anti inflamatory tabs
apply clindamycin gel bd in external auditory canal
can use antibiotic ear drops to dry the local area if infected
but stillneed to get consultation with ent doctor to see the actual position of drumand treat accordingly
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Hariom Sharma's  Response
Thanks for your query , Your question suggests that you are suffering from secretory otitis media because history of when you tilt your head, it looks like that you can feel the bubble move.
For to reach the near diagnosis you need to thorough examination of your ear , nose and throat with pure tone audiometry and impedance audiometry.


Dr Hariom Sharma
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor