Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Itchy bumps on the body after returning from vacation, no sign of bed bugs, had few mosquito bites while on tour. What could this be?

I came back from vacation yesterday from Samana, Dominican Republic and woke up this morning with itchy and little bumps on my body and throughout the day more bumps appeared and are very itchy. I have no idea what it could be. I checked the hotel there for and signs of bed bugs as I do every hotel and saw no signs. I got a few mosquito bites but I felt that as soon as I got bitten but these bites appeared out of nowhere and after I got home while I was sleeping and got more once I woke up and during the day while at work. I have no clue what it could be.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  789
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Your eruptions if they are Small, liquid-filled blisters that break open and crust over, could be chicken pox if you have never had them, otherwise it could be an allergic reaction to something that you might have eaten, either way an application of Turmeric powder pasted with honey would help with any related symptoms, otherwise a bath with neem leaves?Epsom Salt could help cool the body down (both these remedies contain antibiotic properties, and would have no related side effects). A fast for a duration of 3 days on an Alkaline diet consisting of fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, grape-fruit, pineapple and peaches etc..will aid the body in this healing process.
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi.. If the lesions are of mosquito bites, then it will subside by few days..
no medications is needed... also you need to clearly observe to rule out any allergic reactions..
wait for few more days and see., if it doesn't subside then you can consult a dermatologist..

Take care..
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor