Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Itchy and puffy bumps in the crack close to vagina. Cause and cure?

Hey I have this like cluster of raised itchy bumps in the crack right underneath my butt close to my vagina . I had thought it was a bug bite because it looked like something had but me but it s still itchy and now the bumps look puffier do I just wanted to know if u might have any clue what it is so I can do something about it before it gets worse. I just don t want to itch its uncomfortable at times. Please & thanks
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
the most likely infection is a fungal skin infection. the best way to treat that would be to use an anti fungal cream such as miconazol which is available over the counter, and using some hydrocortisone cream to help with the itching. make sure you wash the area with a gentle soap first to keep it clean. it is also a good idea to wear loose fitting underwear so that air can get to the area and keep it dry.

if that doesn't help, have your doctor check it out to make sure it isn't something else. I hope this helps you, please let me know if you have any more questions.
Answered: Sun, 6 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor