Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Itchy and green white fluid, pimple on back, boil under armpit. What is the possible cure?

I have a condition on my back. It has spread and is red,itchy and green/white fluid inside. Almost like a pimple. It all started out as one boil under my arm pit and has since spread since the boiled healed. From my arm pit now almost to my spine. I received Cephalexin and Mupirocin. The situation is still spreading and the medication did nothing. What can I do?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thank you for your querry.
This cant be treated by antibiotics anymore. Surgical incision and drainage must be performed and this had to be done much earlier. This is localized infection and antibiotics wont have any effect. Surgical managment is done under local anesthesia and is very simple so you dont have to be afraid of it.Consult your GP or surgeon.
WIsh you good health.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor