Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Itching, sores, white yellowish discharge from labia. Clitoris swollen, sore, burning on urination. Suggestions?

I am experiencing itching, a milky white and slightly yellowish discharge, and sores have appeared on my inner and outer labia. My clitoris is very swollen and sore and burns when urine touches the area. When I pulled back the hood I found yellowish discharge and possibly a sore, but it hurt so much it was hard to get a good look. I have an appointment with an OBGYN tomorrow, but now may have to reschedule due to work and am hoping to get answers immediately.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.

That could be some vaginal infection, possibly herpes infection.
So better to consult the gynecologist as per the schedule.
Because delay in treatment can increase the symptoms.
Meanwhile you can take analgesics and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Sitz bath can give some relief.

For more details you can ask me through:
Take care.

Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCm,
From your history it seems that you might be having bacterial infection in vagina.
Go for vaginal swab testing to find out nature of infection.
After report with specific antibiotic medicine you will be alright.
Apply antibiotic cream locally.
Keep local part clean and hygienic.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Saloni Shah's  Response
Hello & thanks for posting on HCM
The symptoms you have described suggest infection - could be due to thrush ( fungal) but one also needs to consider herpes as a possibility due to painful sores
You must be seen by a doctor who will need to check discharge by sending specimen off to lab & also will be abl eto suggest treatment according to examination findings
In the mean time you can try Over the counter creams available for vaginal thrush - like clotrimazole which may help if it is due to thrush
Hope this is helpful
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor