Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
127 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Itching on the lower rib. Is it ingrown hair?

Hello, I have a slight itchy feeling on my lowest left rib. Kind of in the middle and bottom of the rib. There are no external marks, bumps or bites. It's in the same spot and maybe only feels about 5-10mm. One tiny spot, like it's a microscopic in grown hair or something, but it's prety much always there. I cannot feel any bump on my rib. I'm male
Mon, 15 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

If it was a "in grown hair" there would have been some swelling. If there are no discolouration or anything else then you need not worry about it. However the itchy feeling seems to be disturbing to you and in this case I would suggest that you consult a dermatologist for your satisfaction.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you al the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal<b
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Can I have a pilondial cyst sort of thing in my testicles (scrotum essentially)? I mean hair follicles stuck inside or something. I occasionally...

Recent questions on  Shingles

doctor1 MD

Hi my names chris about a week ago I had a strong pain on my right side just below my ribs then a couple hours later the pain spread across my...

doctor1 MD

am a femal that is 5 ft 2 in and 280 lbs. This morning I woke up to dizzyness. I still have dizzy spells from time to time, but am constantly...

doctor1 MD

Hi, for the past week I have been extremely dizzy and had diaorrhoea. Yesterday I had a sudden, Sharp, throbbing pain in the left side of my head...

doctor1 MD

Hi, my bf and I had dry humping couple of times yesterday. He had 2 boxers on and shorts and I had my panties. We tried to make sure nothing came...

doctor1 MD

I have a rash on my arm that could either be poison oak (my husband did wildland training although he took all his gear off outside and I did not...

doctor1 MD

Hi I am a Nurse who works in th Community, I recently bought new car in which I spend short spells in driving betwen patients homes. The car had a...

doctor1 MD

Diagnosed with tonsillitis last monday. On penecillan. Still not cleared up. Lightheaded and loss of appetite. Insomnia tonight. Worried!! Is this...