Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Itching in the vaginal opening. Lump getting bigger. Reason?

Hi, for the last week or so i ve had mild itching just outside the vaginal opening, but wasn t too bad. But then after itching it a bit too much i noticed one side had swelled up into a lump where i had been itching. I stopped itching it and applied an anitseptic cream to the area and a few hours later it has now gone down to normal size but something still doesn t feel right down there. I haven t had sex in a month, or changed any wash powder etc. There are no other symptoms, my discharge is normal.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
If there is a lump there on one side of the vagina towards the bottom, it's probably a blocked gland. This is called a Bartholins gland cyst. To help it, you can apply moist heat or take a bath soak. For 10 minutes 2-4 times daily can help soften the gland and release the fluid. If it continues to get larger and starts to hurt, it may be needed that a doctor open the gland to drain the fluid.
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor