Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Itching in the eye, swelling on rubbing. Washed with water. Treatment for swollen eyes?

I was in my garden the other evening and I started to inch My left eye started to inch like something was in it . so yesterday i started to rub the eye, and i washed the eye out with water to make it feel better. than my eye started to swell uo . Now overnight my hole side of my face and eye are closed shut. what should I do.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you have developed allergic lid edema because of exposure to some allergen while moving around in the garden.
The treatment is by cold compress, antiallergic drugs depending on the severity of allergy and using topical vasoconstrictor eye drops.
Since face is also swollen as from your history do visit eye docotor or physician for treatment of allergy.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor