Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Itching in private parts. Should I see a doctor?

I see this kind of thing for the first time in my life. I ve never encountered with any serious infections or STD s, except maybe a small yeast infection last year. I haven t been sexually active for 9 months, had only one sexual partner, i don t think its sexually transmitted or something. The place started itching really bad i don t know why i had a shower today, i have a good personal hygiene . It might be from the hot weather too i think or tight clothes, i wore tight jeans today i think, but not too tight, It was itching uncontrollably so i had the urge and i think i might have inflamed the place just itching myself, or probably had an infection and i made it worst maybe itching it. I don f know whether i should be worried i think i am going to wait for today maybe tomorrow see if it goes away, i ll see a doctor if it doesn t, I know i don t have to touch it and i ll try not move too much too, see what happens. Any other suggestions for how i get rid of this thing its really weird.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Dear sanjeto. Going by your history, gender is difficult to ascertain. Itching in the genitals can be different in the males & females. However, assuming you are female (more from the clue words highlighted on this HCM portal), & that itch started only 1 day or so ago (at time of reporting this), it is more likely to be a localised that i mean an insect bite reaction (very possible & brings to mind the term 'ants in your pants' if you did not dust your clothes after getn them off the line) or an irritant contact dermatitis to some new underwear/soap/towel etc; tight jeans may have aggravated & one cannot rule out stress...(the genitals are often the focus in stress related issues). Please try & use a topical steroid-antibiotic-antifungal mixed bag cream twice daily for two days & wear loose cotton clothing & avoid use of undergarments at home or as much possible. If in 48 hrs, it still persists, then go see your dermatologist. Cheers & hope this helps you...Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist, Richmond town/Shivajinagar, Bangalore.
Answered: Sat, 28 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor