Itching in legs and elbows, redness. Taking antihistamines for psoriasis. Advice?

Hello doc, I m Anita and am having severe itching on my legs and elbows and everytime I itch it becomes red and dosent go away, instead it spreads more. It is diagnosed as psorasis. I have plaque psorasis on my elbows and now thickening on the legs have started. Have been taking antihistamins and tablets but it dosent work. pls advice
Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There are several treatment modalities for Psoriasis. Drugs and Ultraviolet therapy are the corner stones. Some drugs are simple, some others could have side effects. GP has only a restricted role.
It has to be treated by the Dermatologist - the treatment is tailored depending on the extent and degree of the involvement.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck