Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Itching in legs and elbows, redness. Taking antihistamines for psoriasis. Advice?

Hello doc, I m Anita and am having severe itching on my legs and elbows and everytime I itch it becomes red and dosent go away, instead it spreads more. It is diagnosed as psorasis. I have plaque psorasis on my elbows and now thickening on the legs have started. Have been taking antihistamins and tablets but it dosent work. pls advice
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There are several treatment modalities for Psoriasis. Drugs and Ultraviolet therapy are the corner stones. Some drugs are simple, some others could have side effects. GP has only a restricted role.
It has to be treated by the Dermatologist - the treatment is tailored depending on the extent and degree of the involvement.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor