Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Itching in labia minora, redness, black spot, white discharge with fishy odor. Cancer?

Hi doctor, im 26 year old female. Not married but i had sex at the age of 18. But im not sexualy active now. Its been 2 years i havent had sex and the last time was with my fiance who does not have any infection ir hiv or hpv . My problem is i am having itching in my right labia minora since 3 days, i saw it with mirror and it is very red in colour conpared to the other labia and it has black spot on it. Its a spot or its just the colour i dont know, and i dont know if it was like this from the start as i have never noticed my vagina from inside before. Only the itching made me notice. Im also experiencing white discharge with fishy odor. And slight pain in the right overy. Im really really worried, could it be cancer? My mother passes away 14 years ago with breast cancer . I cant sleep at night. Please hdlp me with this. Please. And also tell me which doctor should i see ? A gyno or a general surgeon . As i live in bahrain there r no gyno oncologist .
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  484
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for writing in.
As per the description given above, it does not look like it is cancer. But rather it looks like vaginal infection or pelvic inflammatory disease [PID] causing white discharge per vagina and fishy odour, itching on labia and pain in ovaries.
I would recommend you to consult gynecologist to get treated for infection. In that case infection needs antibiotics [for PID] and anti-fungal for candidiasis.
You can ask your doctor to do PAP smear once infection is cleared up. But chances for CA cervix are very few.
Do not worry regarding cancer.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, feel free to revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. V. Jayaram's  Response
Hi sanyabaig,

From the symptomatology that you have described it seems more like a candida infection or a bacterial vaginosis . candida is basically a fungal infection , it maybe seen in both sexually active and inactive females and is due to poor hygiene . i suggest you to clean your private parts with water after urination and dry the area with a wet towel. following this apply a clotrimazole based cream . In case it is a mild condition you should be relieved of your symptoms immediately or else you will have to consult your gynaecologist to distinguish it from bacterial vaginosis and to start you on oral medication
Answered: Wed, 5 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor