Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Itching, curd like discharge post sex, taken puritus vulvae treatment, have frequent urination, lower back pain, no relief. STD?

Hi doctor,Iam 29 years married with 8 years kid,hapilly leading a family life,on Aug 4th 2012,forcibilly had a sex with my colleague for 5 mins who is amarried man.after that i didnt find any syptoms later on 20th i could feel itching and curdy discharge and soon consulted gyno and she tested my vagina and told puritus vulvae and gave me 10 tab of metrogyl and norfloxin tab.with in couple of days syptoms disappeared and after a week i could again feel frequent urination and lower back ache,she suggested me to go for blood test of vdrl ,hiv,urine,blood,reports are normal but she told i had lot of infection because esr rate is 80 in 1 hour and 100 in 2nd hour.wbc count is 0000.she gave me cefixime 200 mg tab 10 tab.with in couple of days,I felt better of frequent urination,I got my regular periods,again on 7th september same frequent urination and lower back pain.i visited her again she gave me Azibest 500mg,iam sacred if iam affected with any stds.mentally disturbed and my husband is trustworthy and i didnt inform the doctor about my forcible sex with my colleague.should i go for any tests.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there.

Thanks for writing in.

Most probably you might have had vaginal candidiasis or a urinary tract infection. The ESR might have been high due to the urinary tract infection.

I don't think any further tests are necessary as you have already been evaluated. Please continue your medication as prescribed by your doctor.

It is quite possible that you might be prone to developing urinary tract infection. To prevent future infections, please drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. A glass of cranberry juice might also help.

Ensure periodic regular emptying of the bladder , maybe every 3 - 4 hours.

Ensure double voiding. Pass urine normally at night before going to bed. 15-20 minutes later, pass urine once again to make sure the bladder is completely empty.

Abstain from sexual intercourse till the infection clears up. After that, empty the bladder before and after the act of intercourse.

Hope this helps

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Answered: Tue, 11 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Praveen Rodrigues's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there Suneetha.

Please permit me to be candid here. At the outset, i too am married, so understand how you feel. However, please dont sell yourself short. Consenting sex between two adults cannot be construed as 'forcible'. If 'forcible', then it is 'rape' & i encourage you to report the same. I understand you feel 'guilt' possibly, but that is another issue altogether & the sooner you accept your own role in it, the 'easier' it will be to acclimitize yourself to the situation & purge it from your system. No-one in life is perfect & we all make mistakes & that is NOT the end-of-the-world. I suggest you meet up with a counsellor or may chat with one of us. I understand being a colleague at work why you would want to keep it discreet & somethings are best left unsaid.

As for the medical problem, from my assessment of your history & clinical features, it does appear that you have some sort of pelvic inflammatory disease. Also the use of antibiotics haphazardly, may have caused a fungal infection. This may account for the curdy discharge et al. It is always best to go across to the doctor & they do say "doctors' & lawyers' are two people one should not hide the truth from"! I am not too sure of this adage as far as lawyers go, but think Doc's by & large are a tight-lipped community & sworn to uphold a patients' secrets.

Depending on which part of India (going by your name) or the world you are in, you may contact me or any other doc discreetly asking for us using the premier (ask-a-doctor) premium package & get in touch with us or if from the Bangalore area, you may visit me directly.

I dont endorse this view universally but in your case, perhaps a combination tablet kit of Fluconazole 200mg & Tinnidazole 2gram taken One time after food & repeated for 3 successive days may clear up all the infection. p.S do drink lots of water. I do hope this helps. Again, apologies for being candid but feel somethings are best purged by facing up to them. The first task is to make sure your infection is resolved.

Good luck with your choices & do practice safe sex irrespective of the situation. Cheers & please let me know your progress & you may give us a feedback & review that would be nice even if this is a public forum.

Best Regds,

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist

Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India
Answered: Tue, 11 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor