Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Itchiness in the private area, leave flaky skin on scratching. Will ring guard help?

hi, my doctor has stated that i might have a fungal infection on my scrotum area, but he could not check and confirm the same due to unavailability of a private nursing room. as suggested by him, i am using fresh neem water to clean my private areas for over a week now and have been applying vicco skin cream to the area. but the problem is still there and it gets really itchy during the nights. the small affected areas when scratched in my sleep leave behind dry flaky skin. will applying ring gaurd help me in this case?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  625
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi ,Neha,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you are havinf fungal infection on the part.
Neem water and vico cream are not going to give any relief.
Apply anti fungal cream like multifungin, tinaderm cream.
Take oral anti fungal tablet likr Flucanozole 150 mg once in a week for one month.
keep that part clean and dry.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor