Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Itchiness in right inner ear, dry skin, itch on eardrum. Treatment?

I have had a major itch inside my right ear for 5 years now. It s horrible. I have seen an Ent but he clims it s dry skin . I don t think so. I use a q-tip to itch it. I roll the tip between my fingers and make it oblong. Then insert it and turn it until it relieves the itching. I don t put anything on the q-tip. The q-tip seems to go all the way in and touch the eardrum where the itching is. What could be the problem?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you have history of recurrent water entry in your affected ear?
Kindly don't put anything inside your ear as it may be harmful.
Ear buds are the source of injury. At times bleeding may occur from ear. So kindly don't insert anything blindly.
You may have dryness of skin and may have fungal infection of ear.
You should again consult with your treating ENT surgeon and should go for ear drops containing clotrimazole and beclomethasone.
You can also use soluwax ear drops containing lignocaine.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Tue, 11 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor