Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Itchiness all over body. Occurs on eating spicy food, sun exposure. Permanent cure?

hello doctor. i have problem of skin. when ever i consume alot of spicy food and oily food i get the problem. so when ever i go out side to sun or starts playing sports or i feel hot. my whole body starts itching like hell. i feel to jump into cold water. unless i sit under AC or pour cold water on my body my itching doesnt stops. due to this i cant go out or play.. please tell me its treatment how to get ride of this problem. thank you
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Anwar,
You are probably having a skin condition known as cholinergic urticaria. In this particular kind of urticaria( commonly known as hives) one gets small itchy elevated red skin lesions usually after having a hot spicy meal, hot bath, going out in sun or after exercising. So basically any condition that precipitates the core body temperature can lead to onset of itching and burning sensation along with red elevated lesions. So one needs to be aware of the precipitating factors, to avoid frequent attacks. Frequently cooling or icing also alleviates the symptoms. A course of oral antihistamines like cetirizine or loratidine or fexofenadine is required. Similarly calamine lotion can also be applied to soothe the skin. Hope that solves your query.
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor