Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Ischaemic and demyelinated blood vessels in brain. Takin analgesics. Headache not relieved. Treatment?

My mother in law had a TIA approximately a month ago when a CT scan showed some ischaemic and demyelinated blood vessels in the brain.
for the past 10 days she has had persistent severe headache on the left side of her head which is not relieved in spite of taking analgesics
What is the best course of treatment?
we live far away and some local doctors have suggested another scan to check for possible aneurysm
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

The best course of treatment will be to have yourself checked out by a neuropsychiatrist who can take a good history and order investigations to rule out many many other causes of headaches. However, if it is a case of migraines, you would benefit from beta blockers for prophylaxis and triptans for migraine blocking activity. I would think that this is the best course of treatment for you. I would suggest that you try analgesics over the counter like ibuprofen or naproxen before you can visit with a doctor since it seems like a far cry to reach a doctor. I hope this helps. Keeping a regular schedule and eating right and at right times and hydrating yourself will also help with your headaches.

Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor