Is your heart on the right side of the chest or in the middle ?

is your heart on the right side of the chest or in the middle?
need to know, what side the heart is considered to be on
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Left side in anatomical position.

Okay so I m a 15 year old girl and active with running( when it s cross country season but I m off right now) and on the skinny side weighing 95 pounds being 5 2 . I get these occasional (has happened about 8 or 9 times) heart discomfort so that when I breathe out kind of deeply there s a sharp pain near the bottom of my left lung near my heart. I think it has happened once or twice when I ate too much greasy food, when I laugh way too much, when I get over excited like when I played tennis the other day it occurred, and has randomly happened when I haven t done anything. These attacks last around 30mins to about a couple of hours. The worst case was when I still had it and went to bed and couldn t sleep on my left side because every time my heart beat there was once again a sharp pain but it was gone in the morning. I m just wondering if this could turn out to be a serious problem or just random chest pains that young people get. Please don t answer if u have no clue b/c it s a waste.

What might explain a fluttering in my chest. Right in the middle, not to one side. kind of high, between my breasts. It s been going on for several weeks, but sporadic. Can t find a pattern, as far as before, after meals, no connection. Sitting, standing, doesn t seem to matter.

im ONLY 15 YEARS OLD and i started smoking marijuana and i started to have panic attacks and anxiety problems probobly because i was on anxiety medicine while smoking mary jane but yeah i started feeling flutters in the middle of my chest imbetween the two nipples and when i bend over sometimes i can feel the flutter THAT LASTS 1-2 SECONDS but sometimes it just hits me out of the middle of nowhere and its very disturbing my family has a history of acid reflux and im very athletic i play soccer and basketball every day 2-3 hours a day and i went to the docter and had ekg and heart monitor everything normal and i dont want to live with this forever i quit smoking and i only had smoked for a month and i do have some chest pains under the left nipple that last a second and the pain feels better when burping aswell but some one please help me on here im new send me a message about whats wrong with me or what you think it is THANK YOU!

Recent questions on  Heart rate monitor

I have been diagnosed with very frequent premature ventricular complex. I have had 4 ECG all borderline or abnormal with different automated messages: 1. probable anteroseptal infarct old 2. negative T wave anterior 3. minimal ST depression . All...

I thought I was having anxiety attacks that always hit right before a bowel movement. ..I'd get hot or cold , spacey head feeling, increased awareness of heartbeat etc...but got a fit bit for my birthday with a heart rate monitor so ive been able...

my son eats alot of fish...tuna, exercises hard each day, does alot of cardio...once had tighten of chest at gym...his ekg was adnormal...doc said maybe sinus bradycardia..now has to go trough 24 hour heart monitor and echo...never took a mercury poison test...should he do so. never had a problem with heart..only one time short breath pulse is 38-46...

I was b12 defiecient and anemic and put on iron and weekly shots for b12 for a month then dropped to once a month! Been experecing low heart rate at doctors office 40 s did Ekg came back fine but low heart rate! Put me on heart monitor for two weeks now. Experencing shortness of breath, fatigue, etc! I only take vitamins, calcium, multi vit, iron x2, and the now monthly shot of b12. any suggestions? Is anything I m taking doing this?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...

My blood pressure is excellent, but I woke up last night with a pulse rate of 111. my husband stated go to the ER. My EKG was good, the heart monitor was good, it went down to 87, 82, but I do have a thyroid problem, think that could be the problem. The doctor also stated I had a heart mummer?? that was new :( but can you help me. Then she stated they may be given me to much thyroid medication.