Is urinary bladder removal to be concerned?

I am having my urinary bladderf removed this Monday, my doctor tells me that it will be a four hour operation. I am a healthy 82 year old male no diabetes only take 5mg of bp meds and I wseigh 185. I have been an active tennis player for years and I am in good shape.
Tue, 27 Sep 2016
Hematologist 's  Response
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Yesy it is a major surgery.

Over ever many other things affect the operation like cause of cystectomy, associated prostatectomy, lymphnode dissection etc.

They have to made other bladder from intestine so it is a major surgery.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me.
I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you very good health.