Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Is total sperm count of 38 million normal?

Hello Doctor, recently i have undergo for semen test. And the report says total sperm count is 38 millions/ml. Fast forward - 40%, Moderate - 25% and dead - 35%. Morphology: Normal - 42% Amorphous head - 17% Pin head - 08% Round head - 18% Giant head - 07% Double head - 08% Pus cells - 4-6/HPF Fructose - Present. Could you please tell me whether i am eligible to fertile. Regards, Saravanan.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  538
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Sexologist 's  Response
Dear TMS,The World Health Organization says good quality semen should contain 60 percent normal sperm morphology THOUGH YOUR COUNT IS NORMAL but morphology is subnormal consult a urologist or andrologist he will carry out certain specific tests and will suggest proper treatment. the treatment varies and duration varies. hence stick to treatment avoid tobacco and alcohol if taking. best of luck...
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor