Is thyroid peroxidase level of 9.0 a matter of concern?

I have a 9.0 for my Thyroid Peroxidase TPO Ab. Is that something that we should look into? I had an ultrasound as well. My doctor just never gives me any information on my test results until I have a follow up. I don t have one until mid-April. I had an ultrasound on Monday but I know they won t say anything to me until April. Thanks
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The result you reported is not to be concerned. Usually the normal range is up to 9, but it depends on the lab. A high antibody suggests that your body has predisposition for Hashimoto disease (hypothyroidism) and once a year you need to check TSH level.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.