Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Is this report of mine normal sgpot is 224 and sgpt is 66, if not what treatment should be taken ?

hi just had my result my sgpot is 224 while my sgpt is 66 then my GGT is 163 what does this mean? is there need for me to be worried? if yes, what should I do? what should be my diet? what should be my meds? thank u.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  494
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM

Good Day
You are having liver damage due to possible alcoholism. You need to stop drinking otherwise you can get cirrhosis and liver failure. Stop drinking and your liver function tests should return to normal. Keep away from fatty and junk food. If you have fever and jaundice you need to check for Hepatitis also. Visit your Doctor and discuss this possibility and mode of management in your case.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Avinash A's  Response
welcome to hcm..
yes it is slightly high but doesnt signify serious liver u have any other symptoms? abstain from alcohol which is the prime cause for liver injury..get your total cholesterol and sugar levels tested and PT and diet less in protein and drink plenty of fluids..make sure u consult a gastroenterologist..
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
dear kind doctors i had not been taking alcohol for more than a year but my sgpot level is 224 ang sgpt level is 66 alp level is 221 and ggt levele is 163 while all lab results are normal? I am over weight 42 yr old female and living a sedentary lifestyle. what do you suggest my diet plan be? i am afraid to consult a doctor because of what he might say:(
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor