Is this normal/irregular heartbeat and palpitations ?

Some time ago I noticed my heartbeat was not regular, so I went to see a Dr. They took some blood samples for tests on aneamia and thyroid problem but they came back fine. Then I had a test where they put little stickers around my heart and on legs (I can t remember what it was called) for about 1 minute, but during that time my heart behaved normally so my Dr said that my heart was fine and just to keep an eye on it. Now, I am confused. How can it be normal when, especially in the evening and after a shower my heart does that funny thing, it sort of flutters, I feel it in my chest, it sort of beats twice in a row, difficult to explain. Is this really normal? I m only 30, by the way, so don t say it s my age. I am worried. My blood pressure is very good, by the way. My GP says that I am very healthy. Perhaps I should go and see a private Dr?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
hi there I have had heart ops and mine does that but i have a problem you had an ecg. Asked your doctor for a 24hour ecg machine and it will monitor your heart flutters at night and while you sleep i have them a lot and they are not that bad :) It will then put your mind at rest. If you are not happy with what your doctor has told you get a second opion this might help you. I really do hope its all ok. Just make it clear to your doctor that you are really worried and want it sorted out as blood test and an ecg for one min is not enough really. im not trying to worry you but your doc is not a heart specialist. Ask for the 24 hour ecg and it records your heart for 24 hours. Good luck