Is this depression, please suggest me

i am 23,female,i just finished my graduation 6 months back. from childhood, i was in an environment where i was ridiculed and was criticized a lot among my relatives and community (cause i was a slow learner at lot of things). i started ignoring people and either used to hangout with my friends or used to be at home all alone,, after finishing my graduation i had to be at home and since my parents were gone out for tour for 2 months i had to live with those people i have being ignoring all my life,, as usual i had a miserable time.. now everything is normal,but i am not able to forget those comments.added to this i am being idle for past 6 months not able to decide what to do. these days i am just bursting out crying(i rarely cry before anyone) suddenly. i am not sleeping all night. feeling sad,unrest, scared,,not able to concentrate on studies.lost all my confidence.i am getting ill almost twice a week. my mind is filled with all those criticism i faced all my life.. and questions of what should i do.. my parents keep asking me about this behavior but i am scared to tell them too. i have never discussed about this with anyone..i am just sitting alone in a room crying all time,cursing myself and some times slightly hurting myself.there is a severe headache too..help me i wanna get out of this,,
Fri, 10 Jun 2011
's  Response

If your parents noticed this they may be worried about you but they dont know whats your problem share with your parents and you said you were in a environment where u were criticized a lot this may be one of the reasons for your depressed behaviour this may be depression or may not be coz diagnosis of this must meet some criteria so better consult a psychiatrist

Psychiatrist Dr. Jagadeesan's  Response
Yes. These are definitely symptoms of depression. Do consult a psychiatrist and get over it at the earliest....Good luck
Chang Hai's  Response

Confide in your parents, they will support you. You also need a counselling from psychologist to help you get out of these thoughts. Dont carry your past in your present and future, leave it behind and be a wonderful person whom GOD created with so much of love.