Is this blood pressure ?

I have been very stressed lately and now every time I get up I feel dizzy then it will go, then return. Is this blood pressure ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
See if the blood pressure is coming down when you get up.

I M 65 TAKING BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS EVERY MORNING. AT 2:00 HAD 2 DRINKS HAD 1 MORE AT 3:00. I ATE BREAKFAST AT 9:00AM AND AFTER THE 3 DRINKS I ATE 4 WING PIECES. AT 4:00PM STARTED TO SLEEPY AND FELT PRESSURE ACROSS FOREHEAD . TOOK MY BLOOD PRESSURE AT 5:30 READING WAS HIGH 166/110. CHANGED BATTERIES SO BY 6:00 READING WAS 147/86. WHAT DO THESE THINGS TELL YOU.

I ve been taking carvedilol 12.5 mg once daily for congestive heart failure (50 per ent efficiency in left vent) and high blood pressure (140/80). Causes major fatigue and disabilitating 24/7 dizziness but has not reduced blood pressure or pulse rate. Any suggestions? Many thanks for the help. Chuck Simpson

I am on blood pressure medicine regularly but my pressure spikes for unknown ..to me...reasons...is it the medication or is that a condition...b.p. runs in high 120,s...spikes to 160 or so...btm # stays about the same...60 to 70 range..we have a stroke family history..what can I do to make that pressure stay put...I am not heavy..am active for 73..seem to be very healthy the dr. says...what type of dr. treats pressure and knows of what he speaks...thank you ..apprec. ur time....peggy.....I am at YYYY@YYYY

Recent questions on  Orthostatic hypotension

Is there a disorder that includes tingling in legs when walking and frequent pins and needles, extreme bloating and fullness after any type of meal, tachycardia, and orthostatic hypotension? I also have a constant stuff nose. All symptoms started around the same time and persist no matter what I do/take.

Hello, I have very bad neurocardiogenic syncope with orthostatic hypotension. I noticed that my blood pressure gets extremely low in the middle of the night, sometimes my husband has to do the sternum rub to awake me in the morning. Is it normal for me to have such a high pulse at 104 when I wake up in the morning?

Hi, I've been having a drop in BP when I go from sitting to standing and I feel like I'm on an elevator and very lightheaded when I stand up . Sometimes I feel fine . Happens randomly . Latest ekg was normal . Not sure what other avenues I should...

My husband has been on fludrocortisone for 30 days for mild postural hypotension post subarachnoid rupture. He is doing much better home from rehab and the neurosurgeon said to have the pcp wean this and the mag oxide but of course it will be two weeks before seeing them. How does one wean from this med, he is taking 0.1mg every other day.

3rd time this week that this has happened. Comes on fast. I’m fine and then I’m white as a ghost,shaky, nauseous,and feel faint

yes my husband is on three blood pressure medicines and his dr. refuses to know that he is losing weight and feels dizzy and light headness should I get another dr. to do a work up on him. I am losing faith in this dr. and want a second opinion so...