Is thinning and mild irregularity of the proximal medial collateral ligament a concern?

MRI right elbow...Finding: Marrow signal of the bony structures is unremarkable. The common flexor and extensor tendons are intact. Radial collateral ligament is intact. There is thinning and mild irregularity of the proximal medial collateral ligament. There is no evidence for edema iwhtin this area. Biceps tendon, triceps tendon, and brachialis tendon are all intact. Minimal joint space fluid is present. Cubital tunnel is unremarkable. Impression: mild irregularity iwthin the proximal medial collateral ligament which may represent prior injury. There is no evidence for edema ot suggest that this is acute. Minimal joint effusion is noted.
Mon, 12 Nov 2018

It is possible that you might have developed ulnar collateral ligament injury due to repetitive throwing motion of the forearm seen in bowlers or short put players etc.

So, you may also have joint effusion, may be due to arthritis or infection.

You may need the ligament repair. Use pain killer limitedly. Use cold and warm compression.

If symptoms not improved please consult your orthopedician, he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu,