Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Is there something wrong with me or am I just stress in ?

Do you think there's something wrong with me or am I just stressin? I've been having these really scary feelin
For the past week i've been having these really wierd and abnormal heart feelings. It kinda feels like im going to have a heart attack. Im in really good shape, I get plenty of exercise and im only 17 but its soo scary to me. I cant really describe these feelings. The best way I can describe these feelings are you know when you get really really scared ( like someone jumps out at you when your not expecting it) and your heart pounds like your going to have a heart attack? Its like that but I always notice it and its CONSTANT through out the day. My mom thinks it can be an anxiety problem or stress. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me. Thanks
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Hun, This is very much sounding like an anxiety problem. Anxiety attacks can feel almost like you are having a heart attack. You can lose your breath, sweat, have palpatations, cry and feel like you are going to "die". At you age with you being rather healthy I would assume that this is the cause. When this happens, go lay down by yourself and try to breathe in through your mouth and out through your nose and just concentrate on breathing. If the problem persists you should talk to your doctor and see what he or she thinks. Best of luck and remember to breathe.....
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor