Is there hope at all for a normal recovery without surgery ?

I m a 48 year old female . I slipped on the staircase n broke my 5th metatarsal toe. Its been 4 weeks and there is absolutely no progress. I am presently using an air cast foot boot with crutches. I am on no medication except for Caltrate 600 plus supplement. My dr recommended no walking without the crutches. Since its is Christmas and the air cast boot is so highly recommended for light weight walking, should i go against my dr s instructions and do a little light weight walking ? Is there hope at all for a normal recovery without surgery ? Please help.
Wed, 28 Sep 2011