Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Is there chance of me infected by HIV as I had unprotected sex with a unknown man ?

Hi doctor . I m taking PEP treatment for 5 days now after being stupid and drunk enough to unprotected sex with an unknown man in a gay sauna. I was the insertive partner and actually the act didn t take long. I haven t noticed any sore on my penis before and after that but I m aware of the risks I put myself in. I went to the GUM clinic 55 hours after what happened and been prescribed Kaletra (2 tablets twice a day) and Truvada (1 tabletonce a day) and because I was to nervous when I starterd the treatment, in the first two days instead of taking 2 tablets of kaletra twice a day I took only 1 twice a day. The pharmacist aftrwards told me it shouldn t make big diference but I m freaking about that. Can you tell me your opinion how badly it may have affected the treatment and in my circumstances if I have a big chance of being infected with HIV?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

If you have taken lesser dose for 2 dys, it should not matter.
Infact with PEP, the chances of Developing IV is almost nil.

World wide only seven case have been reported positive even after PEP.

So be reassured.
Continue wit the full dose for net 1 month and that should be fine

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor