Is there anyway that Ibuprofen or Cephalexin is causing this ?

I recently had my Wisdom Teeth removed on Monday I was taking Codeine/Tylenol 3 but, I had to stop taking it because it gave me an allergic reaction. So, I am now taking an 800 dose of Ibuprofen and taking antibiotics called Cephalexin three times a day. After I started taking these pills I started having to urinate often and I really haven't been drinking alot of water at all yet every time I do urinate its water colored. Is there anyway that Ibuprofen or Cephalexin is causing this?
Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Dentist 's  Response
hi
ibuprofen is known to be toxic to kidney in very high doses for prolonged duration and impairs its function. so it could have decreased your urine output , not increased it.
as regards cephelxin, theirs no scientific study to link the output of urine to that of cephalexin.

so its not drug related. but it can be due to the fact that while having these drugs three time a day, you are using water to ingest them. so this water three times a day is the real culprit here. so no need to worry. its perfectly normal.

with regards
Dr Ankit

Dentist Dr. Latif's  Response
hi dear , this is some unwanted effect of analgesics and antibiotics, this is only for the time being up to when you use medication. excessive urination and urinary retention is the common side effect of medicines. after wisdom tooth extraction the medicine should be used for 5 days post surgical procedure. so hope you will be quickly recovered. regards.
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, some patients do complain of a similar problem. It is usually medication related and may subside after you stop takng the medication. So please do not worry.